Polypill 'could become a reality'
New reasearch suggests that a five-in-one polypill could guard against heart attacks and strokes for those over 55. Although progress on the research has been slow over the past five years, there is a trial of the pill currently being conducted in India. And it has already shown that the pill has "the desired effects and is safe and well-tolerated by those who take it." There are some medical experts, however, who question the ethics of the pill as it relates to lifestyle issues—they believe such heart-related problems should be tackled with diet and exercise rather than merely "popping a pill."
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules