Waukesha (WI) Memorial taps eco-friendly ideas in laboratory addition
When Waukesha Memorial Hospital embarked on a laboratory addition and renovation—part of a $24 million project—the ProHealth Care hospital had twin missions: build something large enough so lab services could be consolidated into one centralized area and do it in an environmentally friendly way. Now under construction, the building project on the south side of the hospital has a host of "green" building features designed to conserve water and energy and reduce waste through recycling.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'