Mayo opens private medical-data Web site
Minneapolis Star Tribune, April 21, 2009
Mayo Clinic is the latest to offer a free, secure, online website for anyone to store and organize medical information. Such sites are designed to replace the proverbial shoebox of medical documents kept at home. Unlike some of its competitors, Mayo Clinic Health Manager will offer more than a place to organize medical data. It will also push out customized information, such as reminders for checkups.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts