How far can interactive digital medicine go?
This article in The Economist explores the potential impact interactive digital medicine that flows in multiple directions—peer-to-peer, doc-to-patient, physician-to-physician, and online groups—can have on the industry. For example, a website called PatientsLikeMe, enables members from around the world to share stories about their ailments and treatment plans.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told