Fawcett says struggle with cancer was worsened by breaches of privacy
For more than 2 1/2 years, Farrah Fawcett's battle with cancer has sparked a flurry of headlines, but it has also stripped the actress of her ability to seek treatment while maintaining her privacy, she said. In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, Fawcett denounced the National Enquirer for publishing leaked details about her illness, including some that she said were false. And she criticized UCLA Medical Center for failing to protect her medical records from snooping employees.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US