Microsoft buys genetic data software from Merck
Wall Street Journal, June 3, 2009
Microsoft continued its push into healthcare through a deal with Merck to gain access to some genetic data-management software. Microsoft plans to incorporate the genetic and genomic data-management software into Microsoft Amalga Life Sciences. Amalga is part of a push by Microsoft, whose other offerings include patient health-records holder HealthVault, to become a bigger player in healthcare.
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction