Doctor gets jail time for online, out-of-state prescribing
A Colorado physician was sentenced to nine months in jail for prescribing an antidepressant over the Internet to a California teenager who later committed suicide. San Mateo County prosecutors charged psychiatrist Christian Hageseth III, MD, of Fort Collins, CO, with a single felony count of practicing medicine without a valid California license.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion