Ev3 agrees to buy Chestnut Medical for up to $150 million
AP/CNBC, June 9, 2009
Medical device company ev3 Inc. announced it agreed to buy technology company Chestnut Medical Technologies Inc. for up to $150 million in cash and stock. Ev3 will pay $75 million upfront for Chestnut, with 30% to 40% of that total being paid in stock. It expects the deal for the privately held company to close within 45 days.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data