Bar code administration systems can reduce medication errors
Sg2 (free registration required), June 23, 2009
Bar code medication administration is one tool being adopted by hospitals to help reduce medication errors. BCMA technology involves labeling individual medicine doses with unique bar codes at their point of entry into the pharmacy (if not already done so by the manufacturer), and then tracking these medications as they move throughout the hospital.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL