Bar code administration systems can reduce medication errors
Sg2 (free registration required), June 23, 2009
Bar code medication administration is one tool being adopted by hospitals to help reduce medication errors. BCMA technology involves labeling individual medicine doses with unique bar codes at their point of entry into the pharmacy (if not already done so by the manufacturer), and then tracking these medications as they move throughout the hospital.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream