Health IT coordinator to harmonize record standards, network
Federal Computer Week, July 7, 2009
David Blumenthal, MD, the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, has announced he intends to "harmonize" certified electronic health records standards within the National Health Information Network. "We are working on continuing the momentum of the NHIN and Connect," the NHIN software, Blumenthal said. NHIN is a patient data exchange system developed under the Bush administration that is currently being used by the Veterans Administration and Social Security Administration, among others.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch