Health IT coordinator to harmonize record standards, network
Federal Computer Week, July 7, 2009
David Blumenthal, MD, the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, has announced he intends to "harmonize" certified electronic health records standards within the National Health Information Network. "We are working on continuing the momentum of the NHIN and Connect," the NHIN software, Blumenthal said. NHIN is a patient data exchange system developed under the Bush administration that is currently being used by the Veterans Administration and Social Security Administration, among others.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream