Health IT group approves standards and quality measures
The HIT Standards Committee approved 27 quality measures and 12 standards capabilities that healthcare providers must put in place in 2011. The workgroup recommended that healthcare providers implement 12 HITSP endorsed standard capabilities to transmit discharge summaries; inpatient and outpatient prescriptions; and laboratory test results, for example.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending