Industry not prepared to meet the security challenges
The HITECH Act offers a massive opportunity for providers to maximize the value of data and the promise of new automation. But the industry may not be equipped to capitalize on new automation, according to a Deloitte survey, "The Time is Now: 2009 Global Life Sciences & Health Care Security Study." Data leakage is a huge threat and as healthcare regulations continue to increase, security budgets may not be able to keep pace, the report says.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013