Industry not prepared to meet the security challenges
The HITECH Act offers a massive opportunity for providers to maximize the value of data and the promise of new automation. But the industry may not be equipped to capitalize on new automation, according to a Deloitte survey, "The Time is Now: 2009 Global Life Sciences & Health Care Security Study." Data leakage is a huge threat and as healthcare regulations continue to increase, security budgets may not be able to keep pace, the report says.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers