Industry not prepared to meet the security challenges
The HITECH Act offers a massive opportunity for providers to maximize the value of data and the promise of new automation. But the industry may not be equipped to capitalize on new automation, according to a Deloitte survey, "The Time is Now: 2009 Global Life Sciences & Health Care Security Study." Data leakage is a huge threat and as healthcare regulations continue to increase, security budgets may not be able to keep pace, the report says.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'