Digital health: Struggle or a pipedream?
CNNMoney.com, August 4, 2009
This article offers a glimpse into three healthcare organizations efforts to adopt electronic health records and the challenges that they have encountered. For instance, Western North Carolina Health Network, which is comprised of 16 community-based hospitals in western North Carolina, struggled to get all of the hospitals to agree on how the EHR would be used, how the data would be displayed, and who would have access.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- Uncompensated Care Faces a Double Hit in Some States
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014