Blumenthal touts cost savings from IT during health reform webcast
iHealthBeat, August 11, 2009
During a webcast on health reform, David Blumenthal, national coordinator for health IT, said that health information technology can improve healthcare quality and lower costs by preventing adverse drug interactions and eliminating duplicative tests. HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius added that telemedicine services provide people in rural areas with remote access to physicians and medical experts.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?