10 steps to better healthcare
In this opinion piece published in the New York Times, Atul Gawande, Donald Berwick, Elliott Fisher, and Mark McClellan pulled lessons from 10 regions that boast per capita Medicare costs that are low or markedly declining in rank and where federal quality measures are above average. "If the rest of America could achieve the performances of regions like these, our health care cost crisis would be over," the authors write.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'