Blumenthal: States are ’ground zero’ for heath info exchange
Government Health IT, August 24, 2009
National coordinator for health IT Dr. David Blumenthal recently said states and local jurisdictions will be responsible for building the infrastructure on which health information exchange will operate. That means states also bear the burden of solving policy conflicts that will arise when health exchange transactions cross state lines, he added.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'