Electronic medical record mandates to increase jobs in IT
The EMR market is expected to grow in major ways with a $20 billion infusion from the Health Information Technology Act. The Bureau of Labor Statistics says employment for medical records and health information technicians is expected to grow faster than average for all occupations, with an 18% increase through 2016. Within the field there are 125 job titles in more than 40 settings, experts say.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'