A pathogen detecting scanner that uses a combination of mass spectrometry to determine genetic markers of organisms, a database of genetic signatures, and mathematics to identify pathogens and flag unknown organisms in fluids and tissue samples was the overall gold winner in The Wall Street Journal's 2009 Technology Innovation Awards. The winners are highlighted in this article.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US