Policy Committee holds hearing on health IT privacy, security
The Health IT Policy Committee heard testimony from several experts involved with health IT privacy and security issues. Jodi Daniel, director of the Office of Policy and Research at the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT, opened the meeting by saying privacy and security protections should be a critical component of "meaningful use" standards for electronic health records.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus