Meaningful use for hospitals: The top ten challenges
This report by CSC Healthcare Group highlights 10 barriers that hospitals must overcome to achieve meaningful use of EHRs, such as integrating decision support into CPOE, managing new types of electronic information, and sharing data with patients and other clinicians electronically. "Achieving meaningful use represents a huge clinical and operational change project on a compressed timeline,' write the report's authors, adding that they "believe that hospitals that learn from the experience of others and succeed on the top ten challenges defined in this white paper will be well on the way to achieving meaningful use."
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives