Web tool helps advise when flu needs a doctor
An interactive Web site may help patients decide if swine flu's bad enough to require a doctor's attention, using the same type of triage calculations that doctors at Atlanta-based Emory University use. Microsoft Corp. unveiled the site, where users type in their age—it's only for people over 12—and answer questions about fever, other symptoms, and their underlying health.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion