AdvancedMD Acquires PracticeOne
AdvancedMD Software, Inc., a software-as-a-service medical practice and revenue cycle management provider, announced today that it has acquired PracticeOne, a private, CCHIT-certified, electronic health records software provider for physician practices. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
AdvancedMD, based in Salt Lake City, said the acquisition of PracticeOne will allow it to expand its product line to include a SaaS-based electronic health records, integrating the clinical and financial functions of a practice to boost profitability, productivity, and improved claims processing, and patient safety and satisfaction.
The new product line also includes a patient portal, and mobile access to provide secure access to patient information and medical decisions via smartphones.
PracticeOne has headquartered in Richland, WA and Canoga Park, CA.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- How Educated Nurses Save Money
- Health Literacy Month Gets a Boost from Payers