Lawson Software to Acquire Healthvision Solutions for $160M
Lawson Software announced this week that it will acquire Healthvision Solutions, Inc., through the acquisition of privately held Quovadx Holdings, Inc., its parent holding company. The all-cash transaction of $160 million is subject to regulatory approvals and expected to close this month.
Healthvision is a Dallas-based company whose Cloverleaf integration technology connects software applications and technologies to facilitate data flow at large healthcare organizations.
Lawson said in a media release that the Healthvision acquisition allows it to connect multiple source systems and provide healthcare providers with quick access to clinical, financial, and operational information reliably and securely, regardless of the source system. Lawson said it can now help hospitals and healthcare organizations protect their existing technology investments, while adapting to future compliance and interoperability requirements driven by healthcare IT reform.
"Most healthcare organizations have added or acquired multiple IT systems throughout their lives and want to get the most out of these assets. Taking on this integration task themselves requires building, monitoring, and maintaining their own interfaces. That's expensive, time-consuming, and difficult and results in large organizations maintaining thousands of interfaces," said Jim Catalino, senior vice president and general manager of Lawson Healthcare.
"Smaller healthcare organizations usually don't have the money or IT resources to even do this task so their systems can't talk to one another. Big or small, these IT costs and disparate systems add to the big issues healthcare faces in terms of efficiency, affordability, and patient care. Healthvision eliminates the need for homegrown interfaces and the cost of those interfaces and allows healthcare CIOs to allocate IT resources to more strategic needs," said Catalino.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- 3 Things the Ice Bucket Challenge Can Teach Hospital Marketers