Quality Systems Inc. Acquires Opus Healthcare Solutions
Healthcare IT systems provider Quality Systems Inc., of Irvine, CA, announced today it will acquire inpatient services software developer Opus Healthcare Solutions, Inc. Financial terms were not disclosed in a media release announcing the deal.
QSI said Austin, TX-based Opus will be combined with Sphere Health Systems, Inc., a Laguna Hills, CA-based healthcare software services developer that was acquired in August. The two acquisitions will become part of NextGen Healthcare Information System, Inc., QSI’s wholly owned subsidiary that will focus on community and rural hospitals with 100 beds or less.
"We have seen demand grow in the rural and community marketplace due to the Stark relaxation, emergence of health information exchange initiatives, and impending incentives resulting from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act," said NextGen Healthcare President Scott Decker, in a media release. "Through our many years of working with ambulatory providers closely associated with or owned by community hospitals, it became clear that we could meet this demand by broadening our offering to include both ambulatory and inpatient solutions."
Decker said there is a growing demand for a single, "cloud-based" technology platform that can coordinate across both ambulatory and inpatient care settings. "These new acquisitions afford us the necessary capabilities to address client needs and fill a void currently present within the rural and community hospital marketplace," Decker said.
John Commins is a senior editor with HealthLeaders Media.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big