Wheelchairs that listen
Boston Globe, April 27, 2010
A robotic wheelchair operated by voice commands is being developed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The prototype, which is a modified power wheelchair, cost about $10,000, roughly double the price of a wheelchair without such specialized equipment.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening