Wheelchairs that listen
Boston Globe, April 27, 2010
A robotic wheelchair operated by voice commands is being developed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The prototype, which is a modified power wheelchair, cost about $10,000, roughly double the price of a wheelchair without such specialized equipment.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts