HealthPartners to Enhance Mobile Portfolio
Bloomington-based HealthPartners announced Monday that it has entered an agreement with Toronto-based Diversinet Corporation, an innovator of secure mobile applications, to enhance its mobile portfolio.
HealthPartners has licensed Diversinet?s MobiSecure Health platform to support applications and build upon the HealthPartners mobile portfolio.
HealthPartners plans to begin rolling out applications this fall.
Initially, HealthPartners will offer programs to help subscribers communicate with their care managers via secure, two-way messaging on a range of smart phones and devices that the MobiSecure platform supports, including the Apple iPhone, Google Android, RIM BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Symbian, and Palm devices.
The first users will be women with high-risk pregnancies, as well as patients with chronic illnesses who have been recently discharged from hospitals.
The company hopes the programs will help patients avoid premature births and reduce hospital readmissions.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs