HealthPartners to Enhance Mobile Portfolio
Bloomington-based HealthPartners announced Monday that it has entered an agreement with Toronto-based Diversinet Corporation, an innovator of secure mobile applications, to enhance its mobile portfolio.
HealthPartners has licensed Diversinet?s MobiSecure Health platform to support applications and build upon the HealthPartners mobile portfolio.
HealthPartners plans to begin rolling out applications this fall.
Initially, HealthPartners will offer programs to help subscribers communicate with their care managers via secure, two-way messaging on a range of smart phones and devices that the MobiSecure platform supports, including the Apple iPhone, Google Android, RIM BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Symbian, and Palm devices.
The first users will be women with high-risk pregnancies, as well as patients with chronic illnesses who have been recently discharged from hospitals.
The company hopes the programs will help patients avoid premature births and reduce hospital readmissions.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- No Boost to NFP Hospital Bond Ratings from Medicaid Expansion
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Top 3 Nursing Lessons of 2014