HealthPartners to Enhance Mobile Portfolio
Bloomington-based HealthPartners announced Monday that it has entered an agreement with Toronto-based Diversinet Corporation, an innovator of secure mobile applications, to enhance its mobile portfolio.
HealthPartners has licensed Diversinet?s MobiSecure Health platform to support applications and build upon the HealthPartners mobile portfolio.
HealthPartners plans to begin rolling out applications this fall.
Initially, HealthPartners will offer programs to help subscribers communicate with their care managers via secure, two-way messaging on a range of smart phones and devices that the MobiSecure platform supports, including the Apple iPhone, Google Android, RIM BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Symbian, and Palm devices.
The first users will be women with high-risk pregnancies, as well as patients with chronic illnesses who have been recently discharged from hospitals.
The company hopes the programs will help patients avoid premature births and reduce hospital readmissions.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives