ECRMC lab implements Positive Patient ID System
In an effort to continue to enhance patient safety, ECRMC has announced the implementation of the SoftID Positive Patient Identification System to the Robert J. Westcott Memorial Clinical Laboratory, located at El Centro Regional Medical Center.
The Positive Patient Identification System allows for organized, seamless recording of patient identification and confirmation of orders for laboratory samples during collection. This is one of several advanced technologies ECRMC has committed to for the Imperial Valley community.
Utilizing the hospital’s network infrastructure a hand-held device will scan patients’ armband and query the laboratory computer system for positive patient identification and confirmation of pending specimens for collection. Labels are printed at the point of service and information is downloaded to the laboratory computer systems confirming specimen collection with date, time and the identity of the lab technician collecting the sample.
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- Christmas Tree Syndrome Season Underway
- Physicians Trained in High-Cost Regions Spend More