ECRMC lab implements Positive Patient ID System
In an effort to continue to enhance patient safety, ECRMC has announced the implementation of the SoftID Positive Patient Identification System to the Robert J. Westcott Memorial Clinical Laboratory, located at El Centro Regional Medical Center.
The Positive Patient Identification System allows for organized, seamless recording of patient identification and confirmation of orders for laboratory samples during collection. This is one of several advanced technologies ECRMC has committed to for the Imperial Valley community.
Utilizing the hospital’s network infrastructure a hand-held device will scan patients’ armband and query the laboratory computer system for positive patient identification and confirmation of pending specimens for collection. Labels are printed at the point of service and information is downloaded to the laboratory computer systems confirming specimen collection with date, time and the identity of the lab technician collecting the sample.
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days