ECRMC lab implements Positive Patient ID System
In an effort to continue to enhance patient safety, ECRMC has announced the implementation of the SoftID Positive Patient Identification System to the Robert J. Westcott Memorial Clinical Laboratory, located at El Centro Regional Medical Center.
The Positive Patient Identification System allows for organized, seamless recording of patient identification and confirmation of orders for laboratory samples during collection. This is one of several advanced technologies ECRMC has committed to for the Imperial Valley community.
Utilizing the hospital’s network infrastructure a hand-held device will scan patients’ armband and query the laboratory computer system for positive patient identification and confirmation of pending specimens for collection. Labels are printed at the point of service and information is downloaded to the laboratory computer systems confirming specimen collection with date, time and the identity of the lab technician collecting the sample.
- CMS to Speak with ICD-10 Backers Tuesday
- Feds Stonewall ICD-10 Summit
- Managed Care Contract Negotiations Morph Under PPACA
- Cyberattack Drill Exposes Healthcare's Vulnerabilities
- NY Abolishes Written Practice Agreement for NPs
- Physician Payment Data is Where the Action Is
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Why Cedars-Sinai Screens All Inpatient Adults for Depression
- Blum Latest Leader to Exit HHS
- 3 Patient Experience Improvements Every Marketer Can Make