ECRMC lab implements Positive Patient ID System
In an effort to continue to enhance patient safety, ECRMC has announced the implementation of the SoftID Positive Patient Identification System to the Robert J. Westcott Memorial Clinical Laboratory, located at El Centro Regional Medical Center.
The Positive Patient Identification System allows for organized, seamless recording of patient identification and confirmation of orders for laboratory samples during collection. This is one of several advanced technologies ECRMC has committed to for the Imperial Valley community.
Utilizing the hospital’s network infrastructure a hand-held device will scan patients’ armband and query the laboratory computer system for positive patient identification and confirmation of pending specimens for collection. Labels are printed at the point of service and information is downloaded to the laboratory computer systems confirming specimen collection with date, time and the identity of the lab technician collecting the sample.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'