Blumenthal: 2013 meaningful use to ramp up HIE, decision support
Dr. David Blumenthal, the national health IT coordinator, sent a strong signal to healthcare providers and vendors to expect more complex requirements for health information exchange and clinical decision support tools to be among forthcoming requirements for the next stage of meaningful use.
The Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT is now beginning to do “early reconnaissance” around development of stage 2 meaningful use requirements, according to Blumenthal.
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- Two-Midnight Rule Will Cost Hospitals Big
- The Hospital of the Future is Not a Hospital
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble