AT&T forms unit to focus on health technologies
AT&T Inc . hasn't come up with a cure for diabetes, cancer or the common cold.
But it has come up with technologies that can help you track your health, let your doctors store your records online and send a wireless signal directly to your pill bottle to remind you when it's time to take your meds or renew your prescription.
To bring all those health care-related businesses together, Dallas-based AT&T is creating a new business unit called AT&T ForHealth.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told