AT&T forms unit to focus on health technologies
AT&T Inc . hasn't come up with a cure for diabetes, cancer or the common cold.
But it has come up with technologies that can help you track your health, let your doctors store your records online and send a wireless signal directly to your pill bottle to remind you when it's time to take your meds or renew your prescription.
To bring all those health care-related businesses together, Dallas-based AT&T is creating a new business unit called AT&T ForHealth.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat