AT&T forms unit to focus on health technologies
AT&T Inc . hasn't come up with a cure for diabetes, cancer or the common cold.
But it has come up with technologies that can help you track your health, let your doctors store your records online and send a wireless signal directly to your pill bottle to remind you when it's time to take your meds or renew your prescription.
To bring all those health care-related businesses together, Dallas-based AT&T is creating a new business unit called AT&T ForHealth.
- Ratcheting Up Patient Experience Has a Downside
- Narrow Networks Enjoying a Resurgence
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- 12 Hires to Keep Your Hospital Out of Trouble
- HL20: Anne Wojcicki—Unlocking Consumer Access to Genetics
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- Taming Time and Moving Healthcare Data
- Physicians Trained in High-Cost Regions Spend More
- Christmas Tree Syndrome Season Underway