AT&T forms unit to focus on health technologies
AT&T Inc . hasn't come up with a cure for diabetes, cancer or the common cold.
But it has come up with technologies that can help you track your health, let your doctors store your records online and send a wireless signal directly to your pill bottle to remind you when it's time to take your meds or renew your prescription.
To bring all those health care-related businesses together, Dallas-based AT&T is creating a new business unit called AT&T ForHealth.
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- HIMSS: Software Bugs, Shifting Alliances Unsettling for CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- AHRQ: Surgical Admissions Bring 48% of Hospital Revenue
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Physicians Take SGR Repeal Message to Washington