AT&T forms unit to focus on health technologies
AT&T Inc . hasn't come up with a cure for diabetes, cancer or the common cold.
But it has come up with technologies that can help you track your health, let your doctors store your records online and send a wireless signal directly to your pill bottle to remind you when it's time to take your meds or renew your prescription.
To bring all those health care-related businesses together, Dallas-based AT&T is creating a new business unit called AT&T ForHealth.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream