AT&T forms unit to focus on health technologies
AT&T Inc . hasn't come up with a cure for diabetes, cancer or the common cold.
But it has come up with technologies that can help you track your health, let your doctors store your records online and send a wireless signal directly to your pill bottle to remind you when it's time to take your meds or renew your prescription.
To bring all those health care-related businesses together, Dallas-based AT&T is creating a new business unit called AT&T ForHealth.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Hire Care Coordinators Strategically