Technology to promote a healthier workforce
It's open enrollment time, and employers across the U.S. are having their workers sign up for next year's healthcare benefits. This is also the time of year many employers remind their workforces that behavioral changes can positively impact health and wellness, not to mention productivity and medical expenses. Technology is aiding employee behavioral changes at some companies.
Virgin HealthMiles, a unit of Virgin Group, which also operates Virgin Atlantic Airlines offers an incentive platform that helps employers track how workers are doing in their efforts of getting or staying healthy. The web-based, software-as-a-service platform includes social networking, reporting and management tools, said Sean Forbes, president of Virgin HealthMiles.
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- When a hospital closes
- Administration: 7.3M now enrolled in Obamacare
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says