Nonprofit launches electronic health records safety tracker
Insurance companies and the Food & Drug Administration plan to use information collected on the system, called EHRevent, to develop educational literature regarding patient safety and EHRs.
Malpractice insurance companies, also known as professional liability carriers, are among the "strongest supporters" of the EHRevent system, according to iHealth Alliance.
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Substance Abuse Resurfaces Among Anesthesiologists in Training
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014