Nonprofit launches electronic health records safety tracker
Insurance companies and the Food & Drug Administration plan to use information collected on the system, called EHRevent, to develop educational literature regarding patient safety and EHRs.
Malpractice insurance companies, also known as professional liability carriers, are among the "strongest supporters" of the EHRevent system, according to iHealth Alliance.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices
- Healthcare data of 1 million NJ patients compromised since 2009
- CEO Exchange: Pressure is On to Partner, Drive Quality