Blumenthal to set aggressive pace for health data exchange
Dr. David Blumenthal, the national health IT coordinator, expects to aggressively pick up the pace on health information exchange following the recent call from the White House for a common language and format for exchanging data between electronic health records systems.
To that end, the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT will create an advisory panel to see how to implement some of the ideas laid out in the White House report. The work group, comprised of members of ONC’s Health IT Policy and Standards Committees and other privacy and security experts, will make recommendations to both committees by April.
- 3 Favorite Nursing Trends of 2013
- Hospital Compare Adds Infection, Stroke, Readmissions Data
- ICD-10: Minimizing the Financial Hit
- HIT in 2014: Portal Perils and Half-Built Houses
- SGR Bill's Payment Transparency Provision Elicits Concern
- Intelligence Report: Cost-Containment Expertise
- SGR Repeal Bill Holds Extra Promise for Rural Hospitals
- HL20: David Green—Disruptive Innovator Touches Millions of Lives
- How One Provider is Saving Millions on Imaging Equipment
- 7 Signs Providers Are Opening Up About Bad Healthcare Outcomes