Blumenthal to set aggressive pace for health data exchange
Dr. David Blumenthal, the national health IT coordinator, expects to aggressively pick up the pace on health information exchange following the recent call from the White House for a common language and format for exchanging data between electronic health records systems.
To that end, the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT will create an advisory panel to see how to implement some of the ideas laid out in the White House report. The work group, comprised of members of ONC’s Health IT Policy and Standards Committees and other privacy and security experts, will make recommendations to both committees by April.
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- Roundtable: Life After a Healthcare Organization Acquisition
- Recruiting Retired Clinicians
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings