AT&T, Vitality offer wireless pill caps
AT&T announced that it will be partnering with Vitality to sell Vitality GlowCaps on Amazon.com. The AT&T wirelessly connected Vitality GlowCaps are smart pill caps designed to alert patients to take medications on time. They fit on standard prescription bottles and use light and sound reminders, which can be followed by a phone call or text message so people don't miss a dose. Each time the pill bottle is opened, adherence data is recorded and securely relayed to Vitality over the AT&T wireless network. This daily adherence information is used to compile periodic progress reports that are sent to patients, caregivers, doctors, and family members. AT&T also supports the Vitality system by providing cloud-based services.
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Care Coordination a Cost-Cutting Quality Driver
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Lahey Health Reexamines the Appropriate Care Model
- Payers Detail Strategies That Drive Consumer Satisfaction