AT&T, Vitality offer wireless pill caps
AT&T announced that it will be partnering with Vitality to sell Vitality GlowCaps on Amazon.com. The AT&T wirelessly connected Vitality GlowCaps are smart pill caps designed to alert patients to take medications on time. They fit on standard prescription bottles and use light and sound reminders, which can be followed by a phone call or text message so people don't miss a dose. Each time the pill bottle is opened, adherence data is recorded and securely relayed to Vitality over the AT&T wireless network. This daily adherence information is used to compile periodic progress reports that are sent to patients, caregivers, doctors, and family members. AT&T also supports the Vitality system by providing cloud-based services.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital