AT&T, Vitality offer wireless pill caps
AT&T announced that it will be partnering with Vitality to sell Vitality GlowCaps on Amazon.com. The AT&T wirelessly connected Vitality GlowCaps are smart pill caps designed to alert patients to take medications on time. They fit on standard prescription bottles and use light and sound reminders, which can be followed by a phone call or text message so people don't miss a dose. Each time the pill bottle is opened, adherence data is recorded and securely relayed to Vitality over the AT&T wireless network. This daily adherence information is used to compile periodic progress reports that are sent to patients, caregivers, doctors, and family members. AT&T also supports the Vitality system by providing cloud-based services.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%