Utah doctors among the most 'wired'
Utah doctors are among the most “wired,” boasting the nation’s fifth highest adoption rate of electronic medical records.
Nearly 74 percent of the state’s health clinics are paperless — with basic or fully functional IT systems — compared to 51 percent nationally, according to a new national poll by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Minnesota, home to the highly touted Mayo Clinic, is No. 1 with 80 percent of its doctor offices digitized, followed by Massachusetts, Wisconsin and North Dakota.
- Drug Pricing 'Tantamount to Greed,' Lawmaker Says
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Study Puts Spotlight on Preventing Fall-Related Injuries
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- The Infection-Busting Treatment Payers Don’t Want to Talk About
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Contradictory Obamacare Rulings Issued by Appellate Courts
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As HIPAA Breaches Accelerate, Tools Lag
- Ascension, Carondelet to Partner with Tenet, Dignity Health