Utah doctors among the most 'wired'
Utah doctors are among the most “wired,” boasting the nation’s fifth highest adoption rate of electronic medical records.
Nearly 74 percent of the state’s health clinics are paperless — with basic or fully functional IT systems — compared to 51 percent nationally, according to a new national poll by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Minnesota, home to the highly touted Mayo Clinic, is No. 1 with 80 percent of its doctor offices digitized, followed by Massachusetts, Wisconsin and North Dakota.
- Healthcare Leaders Seek Strategic Sweet Spot
- 3 Reasons Wellness Programs Fail
- CMS Issues Health Insurance Exchange Proposed Rules
- Patients Shoulder Nearly 25% of Medical Bills
- ACOs Widespread, Yet Challenged
- Healthcare Costs 'An Abomination' Says Senate Finance Committee Chair
- Healthcare Consolidation: M&A Not the Only Way
- MGMA: Physician Compensation Increasingly Based on Quality Measures
- 6 CNO-to-CEO Strategies
- PwC: Pace of Rising Medical Costs Slowing