Utah doctors among the most 'wired'
Utah doctors are among the most “wired,” boasting the nation’s fifth highest adoption rate of electronic medical records.
Nearly 74 percent of the state’s health clinics are paperless — with basic or fully functional IT systems — compared to 51 percent nationally, according to a new national poll by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Minnesota, home to the highly touted Mayo Clinic, is No. 1 with 80 percent of its doctor offices digitized, followed by Massachusetts, Wisconsin and North Dakota.
- ICD-10: Minimizing the Financial Hit
- Hospital Compare Adds Infection, Stroke, Readmissions Data
- 3 Favorite Nursing Trends of 2013
- How One Provider is Saving Millions on Imaging Equipment
- HIT in 2014: Portal Perils and Half-Built Houses
- SLIDESHOW: HL20 — 20 People Who Are Making a Difference in Healthcare - 2013
- State Health Disparities Trace Medicaid Expansion
- Q&A: Banner CEO on 'Getting the Cost Out'
- Healthcare Unions Eye Gains in 2014
- Intelligence Report: Cost-Containment Expertise