Keeping the ER running at no charge
David Bell of Wilton was recognized recently for his volunteer work at Stamford Hospital. The retiree has given more than 15,000 hours — the equivalent of more than seven years of full-time work — since he signed on in 1994. The former ad man has helped out in a number of spots at the hospital, most recently in the emergency room.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'