Mostashari details what's next for ONC
In an interview with iHealthBeat, Farzad Mostashari -- the country's new national coordinator for health IT -- discussed his top priorities, why some healthcare organizations might delay attestation of meaningful use, the importance of engaging patients in health IT efforts and the balancing act required to ensure that Stage 2 of the meaningful use program is ambitious yet achievable. Earlier this month, Mostashari -- who previously served as the deputy national coordinator for programs and policy at the Office of the National Coordinator IT -- was selected by HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius to become the country's fourth national coordinator for health IT. Mostashari replaced David Blumenthal, who returned to academia after holding the post for about two years.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs