NY HIE connects four hospitals
Community General Hospital, Crouse Hospital, St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center, SUNY Upstate Medical University Hospital and Laboratory Alliance of Central New York, LLC are now connected to a HealtheConnections, a health information exchange in central New York. The HIE allows authorized, participating healthcare providers to securely access patients' consolidated medical histories. In addition to the Syracuse area healthcare facilities, the online health information exchange, is working to connect 15 community hospitals across central and northern New York. HealtheConnections is one of 12 RHIOs in New York state.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs