Small clinic says MU 'worthwhile'
Childs Medical Clinic in Samson, AL successfully attested for meaningful use of electronic health records on April 19. Practice administrator Jule Childs has several tips for peer organizations. The one physician, one nurse practitioner clinic spent three months working on collecting the data to attest. Several EHR vendors offer a dashboard application that tracks progress toward meeting meaningful use objectives. The dashboard, for instance, pinpointed patients seen each day but not added to the numerator for applicable meaningful use measures. Everyone in the office has to be involved in achieving meaningful use, Childs counsels.
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Size Matters in Antibiotic Overuse
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CDC Warns of Antibiotic Overuse in Hospitals
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers