Small clinic says MU 'worthwhile'
Childs Medical Clinic in Samson, AL successfully attested for meaningful use of electronic health records on April 19. Practice administrator Jule Childs has several tips for peer organizations. The one physician, one nurse practitioner clinic spent three months working on collecting the data to attest. Several EHR vendors offer a dashboard application that tracks progress toward meeting meaningful use objectives. The dashboard, for instance, pinpointed patients seen each day but not added to the numerator for applicable meaningful use measures. Everyone in the office has to be involved in achieving meaningful use, Childs counsels.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- New Orleans East Hospital opens quietly, still seeking accreditation
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations