Small clinic says MU 'worthwhile'
Childs Medical Clinic in Samson, AL successfully attested for meaningful use of electronic health records on April 19. Practice administrator Jule Childs has several tips for peer organizations. The one physician, one nurse practitioner clinic spent three months working on collecting the data to attest. Several EHR vendors offer a dashboard application that tracks progress toward meeting meaningful use objectives. The dashboard, for instance, pinpointed patients seen each day but not added to the numerator for applicable meaningful use measures. Everyone in the office has to be involved in achieving meaningful use, Childs counsels.
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Uncompensated Care Faces a Double Hit in Some States
- Hospital Pricing Transparency a Marketing Game Changer
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely