Small clinic says MU 'worthwhile'
Childs Medical Clinic in Samson, AL successfully attested for meaningful use of electronic health records on April 19. Practice administrator Jule Childs has several tips for peer organizations. The one physician, one nurse practitioner clinic spent three months working on collecting the data to attest. Several EHR vendors offer a dashboard application that tracks progress toward meeting meaningful use objectives. The dashboard, for instance, pinpointed patients seen each day but not added to the numerator for applicable meaningful use measures. Everyone in the office has to be involved in achieving meaningful use, Childs counsels.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services