LinkedIn Provides Marketing Platform for ODPHP
The Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP) is using LinkedIn as the platform to launch their Healthy People 2020 campaign. HP2020 campaign is a 10-year national wellness effort to encourage people to live free of preventable diseases, disability, injury, and premature death.
ODPHP decided to use LinkedIn as a platform because of their strategy to reach the professional community that uses the media. LinkedIn has over 100 million members and also users to incorporate Twitter and follow other users to track conversations.
To promote wellness awareness, ODPHP tweets and emails messages to their group members, which are 1,000 and growing. In October, the group celebrated Health Literacy month by creating a Twitter chat.
Members of the ODPHP group invite others to join and participate in conversations surrounding the Affordable Care Act.
For more information about the HP2020 campaign click here.
- MU Slides into Summer of Discontent
- 2015 OPPS Proposed Rule Detailed
- Doc Shortage 'Fix' Is a Disaster Waiting to Happen
- Critical Times for Small and Rural Hospitals
- Physician Pay Increasingly Linked to Value-based Metrics
- Advanced EHRs Save 10% Per Patient, Study Says
- Providence, Swedish Health Launch Employer-Driven ACO
- 4 Hot Healthcare Exec Titles; 1 Not
- Fees Lurk in Health Plans' Shift to e-Payments
- Infuriated by MOC Rules, Physicians Unleash on Certification Boards