LinkedIn Provides Marketing Platform for ODPHP
The Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP) is using LinkedIn as the platform to launch their Healthy People 2020 campaign. HP2020 campaign is a 10-year national wellness effort to encourage people to live free of preventable diseases, disability, injury, and premature death.
ODPHP decided to use LinkedIn as a platform because of their strategy to reach the professional community that uses the media. LinkedIn has over 100 million members and also users to incorporate Twitter and follow other users to track conversations.
To promote wellness awareness, ODPHP tweets and emails messages to their group members, which are 1,000 and growing. In October, the group celebrated Health Literacy month by creating a Twitter chat.
Members of the ODPHP group invite others to join and participate in conversations surrounding the Affordable Care Act.
For more information about the HP2020 campaign click here.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013