LinkedIn Provides Marketing Platform for ODPHP
The Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP) is using LinkedIn as the platform to launch their Healthy People 2020 campaign. HP2020 campaign is a 10-year national wellness effort to encourage people to live free of preventable diseases, disability, injury, and premature death.
ODPHP decided to use LinkedIn as a platform because of their strategy to reach the professional community that uses the media. LinkedIn has over 100 million members and also users to incorporate Twitter and follow other users to track conversations.
To promote wellness awareness, ODPHP tweets and emails messages to their group members, which are 1,000 and growing. In October, the group celebrated Health Literacy month by creating a Twitter chat.
Members of the ODPHP group invite others to join and participate in conversations surrounding the Affordable Care Act.
For more information about the HP2020 campaign click here.
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- The case for concierge medicine
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines