LinkedIn Provides Marketing Platform for ODPHP
The Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP) is using LinkedIn as the platform to launch their Healthy People 2020 campaign. HP2020 campaign is a 10-year national wellness effort to encourage people to live free of preventable diseases, disability, injury, and premature death.
ODPHP decided to use LinkedIn as a platform because of their strategy to reach the professional community that uses the media. LinkedIn has over 100 million members and also users to incorporate Twitter and follow other users to track conversations.
To promote wellness awareness, ODPHP tweets and emails messages to their group members, which are 1,000 and growing. In October, the group celebrated Health Literacy month by creating a Twitter chat.
Members of the ODPHP group invite others to join and participate in conversations surrounding the Affordable Care Act.
For more information about the HP2020 campaign click here.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- 3 Insider Tips on Cutting Costs without Strangling Growth
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- Heart Attack Patient Costs Skyrocket Beyond 30 Days
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations