CHIME debuts HIE guide
As the importance of exchanging patient data through health information exchanges grows, the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) and the eHealth Initiative have released a guide that offers practical assistance on measures to successfully implement these exchanges. The HIE Guide for CIOs is a Web-based tool that executives at CHIME and eHI hope will be used to help healthcare organizations demonstrate one of the core requirements of Stage 1 Meaningful Use, which is to electronically exchange key clinical information among providers of care and patient authorized entities.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised