A 'Star Trek'- inspired $10M X Prize for revolutionizing healthcare
There's not always a doctor around to help figure out what's wrong with you—and sometimes, one isn't even necessary. Sometimes, the right technology could help us determine what's going on in our bodies. That's the rationale behind the latest X Prize, known as the Qualcomm Tricorder X Prize, which was announced at CES, and which will award a $10 million bounty to the first team that can create "a mobile platform that most accurately diagnoses a set of 15 diseases across 30 [patients] in three days."
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts