A 'Star Trek'- inspired $10M X Prize for revolutionizing healthcare
There's not always a doctor around to help figure out what's wrong with you—and sometimes, one isn't even necessary. Sometimes, the right technology could help us determine what's going on in our bodies. That's the rationale behind the latest X Prize, known as the Qualcomm Tricorder X Prize, which was announced at CES, and which will award a $10 million bounty to the first team that can create "a mobile platform that most accurately diagnoses a set of 15 diseases across 30 [patients] in three days."
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening