A 'Star Trek'- inspired $10M X Prize for revolutionizing healthcare
There's not always a doctor around to help figure out what's wrong with you—and sometimes, one isn't even necessary. Sometimes, the right technology could help us determine what's going on in our bodies. That's the rationale behind the latest X Prize, known as the Qualcomm Tricorder X Prize, which was announced at CES, and which will award a $10 million bounty to the first team that can create "a mobile platform that most accurately diagnoses a set of 15 diseases across 30 [patients] in three days."
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers