Hospital feels backlash from records breach
The confidential health records of approximately 20,000 patients treated at two Orange County hospitals were potentially available to find through online search engines, a St. Joseph Health System official said Wednesday. The information belonged to patients of St. Jude Medical Center in Fullerton and Mission Hospital locations in the cities of Laguna Beach and Mission Viejo. The medical information of 31,800 patients across six separate hospitals in California was was also available online.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- The Drug Price Reform Debate