Hospital feels backlash from records breach
The confidential health records of approximately 20,000 patients treated at two Orange County hospitals were potentially available to find through online search engines, a St. Joseph Health System official said Wednesday. The information belonged to patients of St. Jude Medical Center in Fullerton and Mission Hospital locations in the cities of Laguna Beach and Mission Viejo. The medical information of 31,800 patients across six separate hospitals in California was was also available online.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- A new way insurers are shifting costs to the sick
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?