Profile: Epic Systems' tough billionaire
The modern-day Mother Goose in this fairy tale was Judith Faulkner—simply known as Judy in the healthcare galaxy, living up to her motto: "Do good, have fun, make money." Forbes estimates her net worth at $1.7 billion. She has amassed her wealth by carefully choosing her customers, and eschewing the sales pitch in a community distrustful of salesmen—1% of its 5,200 employees are in sales and marketing. It has exactly five senior salespeople, and no one is paid a commission.
- 'Mega Boards' Could be Rural Healthcare Disruptor
- 1 in 5 Eligible Hospitals Penalized for HACs
- HL20: Rebecca Katz—Cooking Up Sustainable Nourishment
- Meaningful Use Payment Adjustments Begin
- 2015 M&A Forecast 'Cloudy'
- HL20: Peter Semczuk, DDS, MPH—Taking on the Big Challenges
- PA hospital to pay $662,000 to settle Medicare fraud case
- Calculating the True Cost of Care
- HL20: Lee Aase—Who's Behind @MayoClinic
- Supreme Court to hear Obamacare subsidy challenge in March