Profile: Epic Systems' tough billionaire
The modern-day Mother Goose in this fairy tale was Judith Faulkner—simply known as Judy in the healthcare galaxy, living up to her motto: "Do good, have fun, make money." Forbes estimates her net worth at $1.7 billion. She has amassed her wealth by carefully choosing her customers, and eschewing the sales pitch in a community distrustful of salesmen—1% of its 5,200 employees are in sales and marketing. It has exactly five senior salespeople, and no one is paid a commission.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing