UPMC's electronic health information exchange begins
Over the next year, all members of University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's ClinicalConnect health information exchange will be able to securely share and see clinical records. ClinicalConnect is expected to be among the biggest such systems in the state, with more than 7 million patient records, according to UPMC. The electronic backbone will benefit patients by reducing unnecessary testing, delays and costs and increasing the use of preventive care and chronic illness management programs.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'