ICD-10 Final Rule Confirms One-Year Delay
The final rule announced by Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius Friday delays until Oct. 1, 2014 the compliance date for ICD-10 code implementation.
The rule finalizes a proposal to postpone for one year the date by which covered entities must comply with ICD-10 diagnosis and procedure codes.
View CMS statement.
View final rule.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- MGMA Urges 'End-to-End' ICD-10 Testing
- 1 in 5 CT Screenings for Lung Cancer Results in Overdiagnosis
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Give Nurses in Wheelchairs a Chance
- Resisting the Healthcare Consolidation Frenzy