ICD-10 Final Rule Confirms One-Year Delay
The final rule announced by Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius Friday delays until Oct. 1, 2014 the compliance date for ICD-10 code implementation.
The rule finalizes a proposal to postpone for one year the date by which covered entities must comply with ICD-10 diagnosis and procedure codes.
View CMS statement.
View final rule.
- Surgical Checklists Unused in 10% of Hospitals, CMS Data Shows
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Roundtable: To Arrest HAIs, Culture Trumps Campaigns
- Wanted: Nurse PhDs
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- Slideshow: Healthcare Leaders Name IT Spending Priorities
- A Fresh Look at End-of-Life Care
- 3 in 4 Patients Want E-mail Consultations
- New Orleans East Hospital opens quietly, still seeking accreditation
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations