ICD-10 Final Rule Confirms One-Year Delay
The final rule announced by Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius Friday delays until Oct. 1, 2014 the compliance date for ICD-10 code implementation.
The rule finalizes a proposal to postpone for one year the date by which covered entities must comply with ICD-10 diagnosis and procedure codes.
View CMS statement.
View final rule.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream